Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pride in Politics



Although I don't consider myself to be very political, I think it's important to put it out there the importance of voting. I've been able to legally vote for eight years now and I'm quite ashamed to admit that I've only voted four times and three out of those four were presidential races. (This does not include elementary school elections where I ran for fifth grade class secretary and lost or prom queen/king elections in high school.) What an amazing right Americans have to select leaders!

I'll never forget the first time I voted eight years ago. I felt overwhelmed with pride that I was able to cast my ballot for the next American president! Today I felt the same sense of pride. Although I had to wait in line for 35 minutes to cast my ballot, I'm thankful that I was able to wait in line for 35 minutes.

To my fellow Americans, get out and vote. Even though you might not want to get mixed up in dirty politics, it's still a right you should exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment