Thursday, May 9, 2013

Visual Gratitude #21: The Fine People of MN

My love for Minnesota runs so deep that back in 2008 I was compelled to have the state tattooed on my body. I truly love being a Minnesotan.

Today, Thursday, May 9, 2013, I'm especially proud to say that I'm a Minnesotan. The MN House of Representatives voted 75-59 in favor of legalizing gay marriages in the state. I am so grateful for the people who spoke their truth and supported people who simply love each other.

Same-sex marriage demonstrators


Of course I didn't take this picture (thanks go to Minnesota Public Radio), but I am grateful for even those who oppose the legalization of gay marriage. I'm grateful that I live in a democratic society where both sides can put together signs, wear matching t-shirts, and sing out their message.

No comments:

Post a Comment