Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #10 A Good Sense of Humor

Oh the dentist. I'll admit, I loath the dentist. I'm sure this is a very common statement to be made, but my dislike for the dentist kept me away for quiet some time. I'm embarrassed to say how long. We'll just say it's been a long time since I last visited the dentist.

A couple weeks ago, after many months of shaming by my parents and boyfriend, I finally went in for a cleaning. During my visit I found out that I had my first cavity ever. The dentist actually applauded me for having my first cavity at the ripe age of 26. Fast forward a week and I was back in the chair getting my first cavity filled. Without going into too much detail there was a freak incident where a blood vessel in my face was punctured while the dentist was giving me Novocaine. I was then left with a very swollen face and the inability to move the left side of my mouth. To say the least, I was very upset. I looked awful! My left cheek was so puffy that I could barely open my left eye while driving home from the dentist.

I got home and just cried to my boyfriend. I cried mainly out of frustration. Of course their really was nothing I could do to change the situation, so I wiped away the tears and just had to smile. And every time I smiled I had to look at myself in the mirror and laugh. I looked ridiculous, but it was hilarious. In the end, I just had to keep laughing my ridiculous face.

The evidence is below, and it really isn't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment