Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #7 Positive Perspective

The winter of 2012-2013 will forever go down in Minnesota history as the winter that never ended! Seriously. We got our first snow fall some time in November and here we are in the middle of April with a forecast of more snow. We just can't catch a break!

However, this weather has taught me one good lesson, there's no benefit in being negative. Complaining about the weather will not change the weather. Cursing at my fellow drivers during a blizzard while they speed by going 70+ miles per hour will not make the driving conditions any safer. And wishing I was in a tropical locale while I'm wearing my down parka in April will not make me happier. In fact, it will do the complete opposite.

I do not applaud Lady Nature for her horrific joke, I do, however, appreciate the fact that I'm forced to have a positive outlook this Spring (if you can even call it that...). 

No comments:

Post a Comment