Sunday, April 7, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #4 My Feet

As a dancer my feet were like my medals of honor. Sure they were gross, but all the scars, cuts, and scrapes on my feet were something to be proud of.

Of course now I'm not dancing, however, my feet are still something to be proud of. Although tiny, my feet have taken me all over the place. Throughout the last 26 years my feet have taken me all over the place. I took my first steps at my home in Apple Valley, MN. Later in life I would spend a week each summer walking along the beach of Leech Lake. When I turned 16 I wore awful shoes during my first visit to NYC and spent every night of my vacation mending my wounds. In the last ten years I've been lucky enough to have my feet traipse me around Paris, Chicago, Reno, Puerto Rico, various states along the east coast, and Guatemala. I feel so privileged to have experienced all the lovely places I've been able to visit throughout the last few years.

And now, every day I stand with bare feet guiding students through their yoga practice. I couldn't be more proud of the feet I stand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment