Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #6 Peace and Quiet

I am typically surrounded by people all day at work. I am so grateful for the many different faces I see throughout the day, but I also savor the quiet times. In the last few years I've taught at least 12 yoga classes a week, usually more, and as time has passed I have come to the realization that I require lots of down time. It just comes back to the whole "take care of yourself before you take care of others" philosophy. If I don't have my quiet time, there's no way I'll be able to care for my students.

The epitome of quiet time is my Su Doku book. Most nights, before I go to bed, I pull out my fine-tipped, black Sharpie pen and start to fill in those blank boxes with numbers. I've gotten to the point where I can get through most puzzles within a matter of minutes, but there's also a sweet satisfaction in taking my time and double checking my work to guarantee my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment