Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #2 My Parents

I know it seems pretty obvious that I'd be grateful for my parents. They did bring me into this world after all. But I am truly grateful that I'm related to these people.

Photo: Some of the best people I know: My parents. #30daysofgratitudeIt's your typical child to adult story. Growing up I hated my parents. They just didn't "get me". We were constantly arguing and I couldn't wait to grow up and get away from them. Fast forward about a decade and now I see my parents in a completely different light. My parents are actually pretty cool. We still don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and they still don't always "get me", but my parents are rad! I'm 26 and honestly enjoy hanging out with my parents.

Once I took a picture of my hands and my sister right away pointed out how much my hands look exactly like my mom's hands. I'm proud of my hands. I'm proud that my hands look like my mom's. I hope that in 28 years I'm half the person she is. I also hope that in a couple decades I have a partnership like my parents' marriage. In September my parents will have been married for 35 years. As the years pass I'm constantly amazed by what a strong relationship they have with each other.

So just remember, no matter how challenging your parents may have made your life as a child or teenager, there's a good chance things will turn around with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment