Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #13 My Cats

One eats my clothes and the other wakes me up every few hours throughout the night to be fed. Yes. They're jerks, but I still love them.

Owen, the furry one, has been with me since I got my first apartment back in 2005. I was lonely and needed a companion and, although it took him some time to warm up to me, he's been a loyal companion these last 7 years or so. He has an appetite for my clothing and he demands to sleep under the covers most nights. He's more like a dog than a cat and I love every inch of him. Even when he eats my favorite shirt....

Bodhi, the fat one, came to me in 2008. I adopted him from a shelter and loved him because of his messed up ear. He's fairly independent and doesn't care much to be held, however, he'll let you know when he's hungry. His meow is absolutely dreadful. He wakes my boyfriend and me up at all hours of the night to be fed. We typically spend an hour or two pushing him off the bed to leave us alone and he lands with a huge thud. Quickly he's back on the bed and meowing in our faces. He's a good cat, but he interferes with my beauty sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment