Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #8 Local Fare

I live in an amazing neighborhood in Northeast Minneapolis. Once the home of many Polish immigrants, Northeast (commonly referred to as "Nordeast") is now home to a wide variety of people from all over the world. Just steps from my home many families now have shops and restaurants that are inspired by their home land. Our favorite Thai restaurant serves the freashest curry dishes. Two of the best taco shops are just blocks apart from one another and within walking distance of our home. Holy Land provides our community with the best Middle Eastern foods with fresh breads, olives, and hummus.

All of these places add to why I love living in Minneapolis. I am so grateful that I have so many authentic places to dine at within steps of where I live. I will most likely be moving this summer and the thought of moving away from such places breaks my heart a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment