Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Visual Gratitude: #16 Outdoor Baseball Games

I'm not one who enjoys sports much. I didn't play sports as a child, but I did grow up with a mother who screamed at the our television when the Vikings played. I would go to Twins games as a kid at the Metrodome. I enjoyed them, but I usually bought a ticket for something cheap to do with my friends. Seriously, you couldn't beat $5 tickets along with $1 hot dogs when you were in high school.

Now the Twins have an amazing outdoor park and the game has taken on a whole new meaning for me. I don't regularly follow the Twins. I can probably name at most 5 current players. But there's something about sitting outside in the sun enjoying a baseball game. A cold beer in my hand, sunglasses on, and an almost meditative gaze at the field. It's how baseball should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment